There’s a major problem with traditional oral vitamin C. It just does not have the bioavailability advantages of liposomal technology. Liposomal absorption is quite different from intestinal absorption.
What that means to you is that you can’t take as much vitamin C because it could cause digestive issues.
Dr Mercola’s Liposomal Vit C formula:
- Incorporates phospholipids to help protect your cell membranes*
- Utilises liposomal technology for cellular high-bioavailability potential and protection against occasional intestinal discomfort*
- Provides a higher dosage than traditional oral vitamin C and may help you avoid intravenous applications if a higher dosage is desired
- Includes a sunflower lecithin emulsifier, thereby totally avoiding a soy-based one (see information below)
- Delivers vitamin C in a high-quality, tightly-sealed Licaps capsule that may be superior to other oral delivery systems in terms of leakage protection and bioavailability
- Comes from a world-leading quality manufacturer with over a century of experience and innovative delivery technologies
- Provides a more practical and effective way to complement your diet with vitamin C than traditional oral C or by inconvenient IV administration”
Is Soy Lecithin in Your Supplements?
Many supplement manufacturers use soy lecithin as an emulsifier in their vitamin C formulas. While an emulsifier is necessary for the stability of the formula, Dr Mercola avoids soy-based emulsifiers for the following reasons:
- Soy (unless it is organic) is probably contaminated with the potent herbicide glyphosate
- Soy contains “anti-nutrients” that can interfere with protein-digesting enzymes
- Soy contains goitrogens that can affect iodine metabolism and thyroid function
- Soy contains hemagglutinin that can cause red blood cells to clump together
- Soy contains phytates that can interfere with absorption of certain minerals
- Soy is loaded with estrogen-mimicking compounds such as isoflavones and genistein
- Soy may have toxic levels of aluminum and manganese from acid wash processing
Mercola’s Liposomal Vitamin C formula uses sunflower lecithin as an emulsifier, which doesn’t carry all the health risks of soy.
Dr. Mercola’s Liposomal Vitamin C contains all of the necessary ingredients to create liposomes. It is important to take Dr. Mercola’s Liposomal Vitamin C with water so that the water can allow the liposomes to form. If this vitamin C is taken with water, liposomes will form. The Mercola organisation has obtained an independent 3rd party analysis of Liposomal Vitamin C that confirms that the raw ingredients form liposomes if consumed per the instructions.