About 8 pancakes
2 free-range eggs
2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter melted
2 tablespoons coconut milk or whole milk
1 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
1/8 teaspoon aluminium-free baking powder
Extra coconut oil for cooking pancakes.
- Blend together eggs, oil, milk, sugar and salt.
- Combine coconut flour and baking powder and sift
- Add the sifted coconut flour and baking powder to the batter and mix thoroughly into the batter.
- Heat approximately 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of batter into the pan with hot oil, making pancakes about 8 cm in diameter. Batter will be thick but will flatten out when cooking. (Note: the smaller the pancake, the easier it is to turn over.)
- Serve with topping of choice, for example,
– fresh fruit,
– low-GI jam or marmalade,
– chocolate sauce (made from mixing coconut oil and raw cacao powder together).
– sprinkle with coconut sugar, or cinnamon, or chopped nuts
- 16 Dec 2015Coconut Pancakes
- 07 Sep 2015Healthy Ginger Nut Snaps
- 04 Nov 2014Identifying Hidden Sugars in Your Diet
- 01 Sep 2014Mercola Mythbusting Food Fads – How healthy are those “health” foods?
- 03 Jul 2014Pete Evans of My Kitchen Rules talks to Dr Mercola