250 g raw cocoa butter
50 g coconut oil
6 Tablespoons raw cacao powder (start with 1 Tbspn per 50g oils cacao powder – you can adjust darkness and strength from this point with more or less powder)
Coconut Sugar (I use this for a little sweetening to taste, by adding 2 teaspoons to each paper patty pan)
Large paper patty pans
Optional ingredients to be added to each paper patty pan according to your taste:
- Whole or roughly chopped nuts – raw or dry roasted: almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamias ,hazelnuts, even mixed nuts work well (1-3 tsps in each paper patty pan)
- Nut butters: my favourites are hazelnut or ABC nut butter (1-3 tsps in each paper patty pan)
- Crushed coffee beans – delicious mocha flavour (1-2 tsps in each paper patty pan)
- Dried fruits: inca berries, acai, cherries, goji, blueberries, cranberries. (1-3 tsps in each paper patty pan) It’s possible to obtain dried fruit with NO additives such as vegetable oils or fruit juices, but you have to read labels carefully.
- Shredded coconut
- Good quality raw whey protein powder (tends to make it a bit gritty)
- Ground cinnamon
Only limited by your imagination …
- Melt cacao butter and coconut oil over a low heat in a double saucepan or put bowl in oven for short time. Note: the idea is to melt the oil, not cook it. Don’t heat any more than is necessary. Definitely do not boil.
- Sitr the cacao powder into the melted oils.
- Allow the chocolate oil mix to cool but not harden, stirring intermittently. This helps to allow the cacao powder to be remain distributed well though the oil mixture (it’s called tempering).
- Add whatever other flavours/ingredients to each patty pan, for example, I might put 1 tsp crushed coffee beans, 2 teaspoons coconut sugar, 2 teaspoons nut butter of choice, 2 teaspoons crushed nuts of choice, for my mocha/nut chocolate.
- Pour 1-3 tablespoons of chocolate-oil mixture over contents of patty pans
- Use a fork to mix the ingredients of each patty pan to cover everything with chocolate-oil mix and distribute ingredients around patty pan.
- Store in refrigerator.
More Articles and Recipes
- Identifying Hidden Sugars in Your Diet
- Chlorella in Pregnancy
- Poor Quality Pregnancy Multi In Fancy Packaging
- What is GM food and why do we need to know about it?
- Pete Evans of MKR talks to Dr Mercola
- Mercola Mythbusting Food Fads
Working towards optimum health through better nutrition
My aim is to promote true health and well-being which enables you to lead a more fulfilling and better quality of life on every level – physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Consultations are available in person or by telephone or Skype.